It is time to announce the 11th annual Baroque Flute & Continuo Player Boot Camp
- Where: Seattle, Washington
- When: July 26-August 1, 2009
- Who: Faculty 2009 (projected)
Kim Pineda, Janet See, and Ingrid Crozman, Flute
David Morris, Viola da gamba & Cello
Ronnee Fullerton, Viola da gamba
August Denhard, Theorbo, Baroque Guitar, Continuo Ensemble
- Why: Because the BF&CPBC is open to baroque flute players of all levels, and intermediate-to-advanced viola da gamba, baroque cello, and lute/baroque guitar players looking to improve their technique and continuo playing skills. We are very supportive and encouraging to those new to the baroque flute. For the advanced players of all instruments, we offer a stimulating and challenging environment (we throw down the gauntlet and challenge you to pick it up). The BF&CPBC offers predominantly flute and continuo instruction and technique by day, with smaller group classes, large and small ensemble playing, and technical clinics by night. Participants also have time to meet in smaller groups on their own to work on various types of ensembles, with and without coaching. Enrollment is limited to 16 flute players, 8 bowed-string players, and 4 lute/guitar players.
The BF&CPBC gives you the chance to work hard under close supervision. Here is some of what to expect at the workshop:
- Your instructors will push you out of your comfort zone to improve your playing technique.
- Expand your knowledge of baroque style and interpretation.
- Integrate this by playing in small groups, large groups, and in the class recital.
- Learn how to lead, accompany, play together, and learn the difference.
- Gain confidence in a non-competitive environment.
- Group classes in Alexander Technique as it relates to playing your instrument
- Fundamentals of baroque improvisation
- Fundamentals of music theory (it comes in handy, especially for #7!)
- Have fun in the process.
For more details, check out: http://baroquenorthwest.com/nfbfbc.html