Monday, July 16, 2012

It Herz So Good (or, the Baroque Flute Low Down)

And by low down I don't mean a song by Boz Scaggs from the 1970s. . .

No, I'm talking about one of my favorite things about playing Baroque flute. The ability to play at 392 cycles per second.

With this in mind, I draw your attention to the BFBC XIV schedule, particularly on Monday night. IF you have an instrument (or two or three) that plays at a=392 Hz, please try to find room in your luggage to bring it/them along. We should be able to do this, or, at the very least, have a system of alternating players so that everyone gets the opportunity to play in a flute ensemble at this pitch.

Kathie will likely have at least two flutes at this pitch. If you are bringing 392 instruments to the boot camp, please let everyone know through the wiki.

Have fun playing in the deep end!


4 comments:

Anne said...

I have a 392 joint for my Thos. Lot flute. won't leave home without it!

Alex Shaffer said...

I have four flutes at 392. I will bring all of them.

Quantzalcoatl said...

Low Down Update: There will be AT LEAST five (5) spare 392 Hz flutes available for those who do not yet have one (notice I said "yet").

Patty Lawson said...

I'm bringing mine! So glad I bought it from Ron P three or four years ago!