Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Workshop countdown and a word about file sharing

Hello Everyone. The workshop is about six weeks away and I am excited to return to Seattle. I'm also excited to meet the new people and reconnect with those who are returning after a hiatus. 

Today's message is about the wiki. Each year people who are not enrolled in the BFBC request access to the site. And each year they are not granted access. I'm only bringing this up because we have many first time participants. Except for the workbook and a few of the sonatas that I've made with Sibelius and the suite by Dieupart, I believe everything is available for free on the internet. But my time (and Janet's and Kathie's and Don's) is worth something so I'm not inclined to share the hours of work that goes into preparing the workshop with people who are not attending the workshop. I find it similar to people who show up to a potluck empty handed, eat and drink a lot of stuff, and then leave with a box of leftovers. That said, I cannot prevent anyone from sharing the files that are available here. Except for the workbook, Mattheson, and Dieupart, you'd only be redistributing files found elsewhere. If you feel a need to share the material that is up to you. 

Also, if you find your practice time increasing, make sure to oil your flute(s). See you in 40 days. 

No comments: