Monday, January 27, 2014

Baroque Flute Boot Camp Under New Management

Hello Everyone,

Just another venue to announce the change in the Baroque Flute Boot Camp. After fifteen years I have turned over the workshop to my good friend and colleague, Janet See. The workshop is no longer under the umbrella of Baroque Northwest. Janet worked with me for 12 of those 15 years. Janet will be assisted again by another one of my good friends and colleagues, Kathie Stewart.

Information about the 2014 version of the workshop may be found here, on Janet's website.

As far as the Baroque Performance Clinic blog goes, I will still be posting things here about historical performance practices and other things related to Baroque flutes (and even some Renaissance flute posts from time to time).

Below is my official message to many people on my email list:

The Baroque Flute Boot Camp is now under the direction of my good friend and highly-esteemed and fabulous colleague Janet See.

I've been directing the workshop for 15 years. As many of you know I'll be completing my PhD in musicology this year and will be focusing on my academic career, which means sometimes teaching summer school and traveling for research projects. I am not retiring from performing or teaching, but now is a good time to make a change.

I will still see many of you at the NFA conventions and perhaps at musicology conferences, and other places around the planet. I will also keep posting the Practice Pieces of the Week on the Facebook group, but I will leave the BFBC information dissemination to Janet.

Please visit Janet's website for information about the 2014 Baroque Flute Boot Camp. http://janetsee.com

This link gives the workshop dates and a means to contact Janet about it:
http://www.janetsee.com/JSwkshp.php

The dates for next summer are July 27-August 2, 2014, in Seattle, at Seattle Pacific University.

I am sad to leave because it has been incredibly fun as well as musically and intellectually stimulating,and I'll miss the camaraderie and various types of hazing and throwing down of gauntlets, etc. But I am happy to know that the new director will bring new energy, new and different challenges (the boot camp is not  spa . . . ), and continue with the roaring good times everyone has at the workshop.

No comments: