You will need:
- Your flute(s)
- Your workbook
- Pieces from the repertoire list plus the piece of your own choosing*
- Music stand (we are not in a Music Department building so there are no SPU stands running around)
- If you are coming from out of town, a light jacket (yes, I know last summer was the most brutal summer in Seattle history, including the hottest recorded day EVER in Seattle history, but typically it cools down in the evenings, and some folks have been known to roam the neighborhood on those evenings when they are not engaged in flute playing until the wee hours)
- Emergency contact person with appropriate information (no one has ever had any sort of accident other than a cracked head joint because they didn't follow oiling and breaking-in instructions, but we want to have our bases covered)
- A Hawaiian-style shirt because, as the returnees know, Thursday is HAWAIIAN SHIRT DAY.
- Your mobile phone charger (seems a minor thing but it could cause mild discomfort if you suddenly find yourselves lost in downtown Seattle with no juice; FYI, my phone charger uses the Micro SD type of plug).
- Asuncion, Ernie, Kim, Patty: what else am I forgetting here?
- The boot camp is available for college credit/clock hours through SPU. The course number is MUS 5058 and I will have all of that material available at the first meeting on Sunday night. Please let me know in advance of the first meeting if you would like to consider taking it for credit. I can't remember the cost but that will be payable directly to SPU.
That is all for now. Don't forget to oil, practice long tones and chromatic scales, and ab ove all, don't forget to breathe.
PS--Masterclass is FUN! ("We don't need no stinking comfort zone!")
*(If you haven't decided on repertoire by the end of this week and haven't sent me an electronic copy of your optional piece, you will need to bring 6 hard copies of the full score).